You can use Kabeja as importfilter for the vector drawing program Inkscape. The Kabeja importfilter will coexist with an existing dxf2svg importfilter.
The Kabeja extension will be accessable as "Kabeja-AutoCAD DXF (*.dxf)" import type selection in the "File-> Open" dialog.
For the Java based extension (the default):
- Java 1.3 or later.
For a native extension:
For a .NET extension:
- .NET (Microsoft/Mono) Runtime Environment and IKVM
Copy the content of the "dist/inkscape-extension" into "Extensions" folder of Inkscape (e.g. for Unix "$HOME/.inkscape/extensions" and Windows "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\extensions").
The .NET extension is available as separate package. The package contains all necessary libraries to run out-of-box on Mono and Windows .NET.
- Download the latest .NET Kabeja Inkscape Extension kabeja-inkscape-extension
- Unpack and copy all files to the Inkscape extension directory (e.g. for Linux "$HOME/.inkscape/extensions", Windows "C:\Programes\Inkscape\share\extensions")..
The extension will be installed in the extensions folder of Inkscape (e.g. for Linux "$HOME/.inkscape/extensions").
- Download the Kabeja source-distribution
- Unpack and change into the directory
- Copy "blocks.properties" file to "local.blocks.properties" and change the line "inkscape.importfilter.type=java" to "inkscape.importfilter.type=native" there.
- Build and install by:
ant block -Dblock.name=inkscape -Dblock.target=install